Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
TOP TEN THINGS WE LIKE/DISLIKE ON OUR BOOK COVERS
So I haven’t posted for a while.. soorrryyyy.
I was extremely busy with papers and the like and THE INTERNET IS DISTRACTING so I didn’t write as much as I wanted to. Oops.
But I am writing now, so LET’S GET STARTED!
1. Beautiful fonts. I like it if my book covers have pretty fonts. (What I’m using is a pretty (hipster) font ^^. hihihi) It’s just more appealing and nice to look at, you know?
2. Colorful covers. Book covers are more eye-catching and beautiful when they have colorful covers. And not just that, the colors should be complementary. Yes, it might be colorful but if the colors just clash, it doesn’t look good at all. BUT, if the colors are meant for each other (soul mates. hehe) then the cover is amazing.
3. Relates to the story. No one is going to buy a cover with a girl with a lot of make-up and think, This book is set in WWII and the main character is a girl who is a jew. Make the cover relate to the plot. K? K.
4. Good drawings. No one wants to buy a cover who has ugly drawings, do they? You wanna draw as good as possible.
5. Simple yet fabulous. I have a thing with simple covers. They just look so simple YET they still manage to look so amazing at the same time. SORCERY. (I like it.)
6. Covers with girls on them + gowns. Okay, EVERYONE doesn’t like this. I don’t understand, just because there’s a girl on the cover, you want us to buy it? NO. Why do publishers think this is captivating? IT’S NOT K. K.
7. Half-faces. While it is fun to play with (#bookandface) it’s not striking. What is this? First, you had to use people. Second, you’re just going to cut their face? Just like that? Noooooo wayyyyyy. Stoooppp pleeeeaassee.
8. People on the cover. This relates to the previous numbers. When people are in a book cover, it’s like I want to stomp my feet on the book repeatedly. Of course, I wouldn’t do that, (MY POOR BOOK!) but I already see people EVERYDAY, do I still need to see them on a the book cover?
9. Ugly fonts. I said earlier that I love beautiful fonts but I don’t just hate ugly fonts, noo, I despise them.
Ehhh, It’s okay.
10. Books with scenery. I don’t hate these kind of book covers but neither do I love them. It’s okay. Though I do want more that just trees and a bench but it’s fine all ready. (Just make sure THERE AREN’T ANY PEOPLE.)
This was so fun to write, BTW. Heheh.
Anyway, thank you for reading and um, bye!
(GET READY FOR BOOK HAULZZZ!)