Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
TOP 10 STAND ALONE RECOMMENDATIONS
Sooo, today is not Tuesday. Oops. BUT I’ll still do this Top Ten thing and it’s a freebie! I CAN CHOOOSE! Yesss! Also the books I chose were not in any particular order.
Anyway, let us get started.
*Note* Just click on the book title and it will automatically bring you to Goodreads!
1. Wonder by RJ Palacio – This book is wonderful. I mentioned this in my other Top 10 but I need to mention this again. This book shows us that you shouldn’t care what other people think about you. If they think you’re ugly and if they say that you look like Jabba the Hutt, then so what? You already know that you look like Katy Perry or Orlando Bloom, so don’t let their insults damage your image of yourself.
This book is just really so awesome and I wrote this serious and solemn paragraph so you should read it.
2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee– This book is a classic (you probably already knew that. Oops) BUT it is a stand alone so I’m including it! It’s a amazing book and it deals with racism. It’s easy to understand (well, easier than the others) and it’s really so cool.
3. Close to Famous by Joan Bauer– This is a middle grade book and it shows us that NO ONE SHOULD GIVE UP ON THEIR DREAMS! Their small town had big dreams and they worked hard for it. I couldn’t put this book down and just READ IT!
4. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick – Okay, I’m not entirely sure what this book deals with but it’s a pretty cool book. Brian Selznick is also an illustrator so the story is full of pictures (awesome ones) and text as well. It’s a fat one but you can read this fast because it’s full of pictures! IT’S JUST SO COOL
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – You probably heard of Rainbow, right? She’s an amazing author and she wrote SO MANY GOOD BOOKS. (okay, she only wrote 3 books yet but each of them was amazing!) You can relate to the character and it’s just an awesome book and shdghumziolnsghxusdnh.
6. Flipped by Wendelin van Draanen– You might have heard of this book but also maybe haven’t. This is a short cute contemporary read and it’s very good!
7. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu – I also mentioned this book in my other Top 10 but again, I NEED TO MENTION IT AGAIN! I love this book! It was wonderful and the cover is amazing and yeah. Just go and read it!
8. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – I CRIED IN THIS BOOK. That’s everything you need to know and now please read it.
10. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – I’M CHEATING! I’M SORRY! I haven’t read this book yet but I read up to 200 pages, I think and I really like it! IDK, I just wanted to put it into this list, okay!
Here are all the covers! Click on them to see my review on Goodreads. Yeah. IDK. Though The Invention of Hugo Cabret and The Book Thief don’t have reviews and Flipped and Breadcrumbs have very short ones.
Anyway, that is it for this blog post. Thank you for reading and um, bye!